


">
I'm not sure if anyone even reads this blog but I probably should update just in case there is anyone reading. I had such great intentions when I started it and here it is almost a year later and only a couple of posts since I started.
We went to Disneyland in May 2008 and then off to Montana in July 2008 to watch our dear family friend Knut retire from the Navy. We stopped by Silverwood amusement and water park on the way home and had a super time. We will definitely be going back there.
We also bought a second home in Everett, WA that we are using as a rental. It is a brick rambler with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, nice kitchen, family, dining, and front rooms. It also has a large garage and fully fenced backyard which is a plus. We have only had one renter so far and she moved out in August because her own home was done being built so now we are looking for new renters.
School started back up for Camille and Cole on September 3 2008 and so far they are enjoying it. Camille has Tara Riddle for 5th grade and Cole is in Wendy Olin's 1st grade class. I have gotten good reports from both teachers so far and I will know more in about 2 weeks when it's conference time. I don't think I have too much to worry about with these two, they are really good kids if I must say so myself.
Ted has been kept busy with work while switching jobs from Construction Area Manager back to Superintendant. DRHorton has been hit hard with the recession and they are laying people off left and right. Ted has been one of the lucky ones and still has a job as of right now. We really do cross our fingers everytime there is a cut because we never know if it's going to be us that gets the ax. Knock on wood.
I have really enjoyed the kids being back in school because this is the first time in 10 years that I have not had a small child with me all the time. I find myself walking around the house sometimes aimlessly while they are gone but then finding something to occupy my time. My house has never been cleaner and my laundry is always done, hmmm, imagine that! I am thinking about joining the YMCA so that I can having something to look forward to and something that will motivate me to lose some weight and get into shape.
Ted and I will be taking a little mini vacation in November with my parents. Somehow we talked my mom and dad into going to Las Vegas with us for 4 days! I can not wait, it is going to be soo much fun! Ted's mom Elaine is going to come to our home and stay with the kids so that we can have this adventure. We are so lucky to have her, this would never happen if it weren't for her helping us out in this way. This is a trip I am sure we will all remember. Is it November yet!?!?
I can't think of much more to update on, cats and dog are still going strong. Kids are healthy. Ted and I are happy. What more could I ask for?


No comments:
Post a Comment