Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chickenpox and Calamine Lotion



This is what my beautiful daughter looked like yesterday. After waking up with spots all over her neck and face it was pretty obvious that Camille had chickenpox! I called her school and the front desk secretary said that it was the 3rd case that WEEK! I scanned my brain trying to remember if I had asked for her and Cole to get the Chickenpox vaccine but then remembered that I had passed on it because I was hoping that they would get it as children instead of taking a chance on them getting it as an adult.



So now my sweet girl has woken up this morning and the pox have more than doubled on her poor little body. Dad is going downtown to get some oatmeal so that she can take a nice soothing oatmeal bath and and then once again we will cover her in Calamine lotion.
One more thing, Ted and I are leaving on Monday morning at 5am for Las Vegas for 4 days and we have to leave my mother in law with this itchy, scratchy, scabby kid. The nice thing is, she is probably the best person to have here at this time because she is calm, mellow, and will keep Camille happy and dealing with other things instead of thinking about how itchy she is. Thank goodness for Grammy Elaine!


1 comment:

Tye Durbin said...

Thank goodness she is getting it now, rather than later. Mine had the vaccine and a few years later got a very mild case of chicken pox.

Have a FABULOUS time in Vegas babeee you deserve a nice trip with the hubby :D

M E OW!!