Sunday, December 14, 2008

Where's my one horse open sleigh when I need it?



Winter has finally hit the Pacific Northwest! We had our first snowfall Saturday and up in our neck of the woods we got around 3 inches. It snowed off and on all day but finally around 8pm it really started snowing and didn't let up for a couple more inches. How exciting!

CJ the pudding brain didn't know what to think about the snow at first. He ran around the backyard with his mouth open eating the snow as he ran. Unfortunately his girlfriend, Allie the beagle from across the neighborhood came over to visit and they ran off together into the sunset. This little trick that he pulls would be the reason for the name of our blog. CJ has not quite figured out that when he is trusted to go outside and go potty that that is ALL he is suppose to do, not run the neighborhood with all the other "gang" dogs! Once I found him and brought him home, this is where he got to spend the day. Notice how he is trying to work me with his cute, "sorry" look?



This is what we woke up to this morning, Sunday. It's not a ton of snow but it was enough for the kids to start fresh with a freshly snowed yard to sled down and the driveway was full of good sledding snow.



View from the backporch of the kids sledding down the little hill in the back of the property.



The dragging of the sled, an Olympic event at our house in the winter.



Cole coming in to complain about being too hot. I will admit that he was dressed like the little brother from the movie "A Christmas Story".

We are suppose to get more snow this week and it is suppose to get COOOOOLLLLDDD!! I am not an outside girl, I am definitely an inside girl when it comes to cold weather so my plan is to just dress them warmly this week and let them enjoy the snow for me! Can somebody please turn up the heat for me?

















2 comments:

Jodee said...

I moved the dial to HOT STUFF but I don't think it's working right. You have way more than we do here. I have pretty much nothing at my house except a frozen "pond" (really it's just a little valley spot in the field that fills up when it rains) that the kids had fun skating on the other day. I wanna come to your house and enjoy your decorations. Your house looks beautiful!!! And everything has it's own special spot. heehee

Gretchen said...

Hardy har, I got your little joke! If you look in the picture of the house decorated, you will see sort of where my special closet is on the other side of my curio. Everything in it's spot except for that one place! Come here and enjoy it all you want but if you do I'm going to make you help me declutter that closet!