
Tonight was the night of pumpkin carving! We all got our grungy clothes on and started cutting. Ted cut the tops off of all them for us and we dug in. I of course was repulsed by the feel of the pumpkin guts so I opted for some blue colored rubber gloves while everyone else got icky. The kids did great in the beginning of scraping them out but soon ran out of patience and stamina. Ted helped Cole work on his pumpkin while I set Camille up with her pumpkin outline. Cole decided on a funny bat for his while Camille wanted a Halloween cat. We had no design for the cat so I free-handed one on a paper towel for her so that she could outline it to cut out.
By the time we got to cutting them out, a Charlie Brown Halloween special had come on t.v. and the kids were entranced by it. Ted and I finished up with their pumpkins and then worked on ours. There was far less complaining about being sticky and arms hurting once they were watching the show.
It was getting late and Ted and I finally finished up with our pumpkins. Ted chose a witch with a bubbling cauldron while I went with a cat, pumpkin, and spider sitting in a window.
We all gathered around as Ted lit all the candles in our masterpieces and we "oohed" and "awwwwed" over them. They all turned out great as you can see.
Clean up, clean up, everybody lend a hand was not Cole's motto once the carving was over though. Camille pitched in with Ted separating the seeds from the goo so that we could roast them and Cole's job was to clean up the mess he had made on the floor while carving. He did not like this idea and decided to have a meltdown. He finally did it and we called it a night.
All in all, our time was fun, our pumpkins look great, and we are less than 24 hours away from Trick or Treating time!


No comments:
Post a Comment